Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer
QuTech is the mission-driven research institute of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). At QuTech, we work on a radically new technology with world-changing potential. Our mission is to develop scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and an intrinsically safe quantum internet. We are jointly creating the quantum future, because we believe that quantum technology can be a game changer in many social and economic sectors, including health, agriculture, climate and safety.
To achieve these ambitious goals, we bring together scientists, engineers and industry in an inspiring environment. Allowing plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation. QuTech’s research and engineering activities are conducted in 3 divisions: Quantum Computing, Quantum Internet and Qubit Research. At this moment we have a team of 350 people working at QuTech and we are happy to welcome our new dedicated colleague!
Availability of adequate software is a key enabler for performing QuTech’s research. This software includes scientific instrument control technologies, simulation of quantum phenomena and quantum computers, as well as web front-end and back-end development, and infrastructure software.
To optimally support its research, our Software Development Support Team (SDST) maintains QuTech’s demonstrator software and provides technical support on software development to the different divisions. The SDST is staffed with 2-3 experienced software engineers who cooperate closely with the scientists and (software) engineers in the divisions in order to deliver high quality software products.
Join the quantum revolution as our Senior Software Engineer with QuTech, leading our Software Development Support Team!
Quantum is the future and the Netherlands occupies a unique position of expertise in the area of quantum technology, with QuTech at its core. Come work as a SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER at our growing research center, located on the buzzing campus of Delft University of Technology.
We are seeking a senior software engineer who can adopt a leading role in our Software Development Support Team (SDST) (2-3 fte). The goal of SDST is continuously improving the quality and availability of the software developed at QuTech. In this position, you and your team will maintain our public demonstrators, maintain and develop generic software related services and have an advisory role on software development activities within all divisions of QuTech. Your responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the activities of the SDST
- Conduct team management activities, such as aligning demands of the divisions, prioritizing and scheduling activities, tracking progress, communicating with various stakeholders and keep the focus on delivering software support
- Develop and recommend high quality software development processes
- As a contributing team member, maintain custom-built software solutions based on Python and related frameworks as Django/asyncio in both Windows and Linux environments
- Stimulate the quality of the team and the personal development of the team members
- Facilitate training of developers, engineers and researchers in high quality software engineering
- Passionate about software maintenance/support and service driven
- Experience in software project management, including agile project managemen
- Degree in computer science, engineering or comparable discipline
- Agile/Scrum experience as scrum master/product owner
- Good communication and people management skills
- Experienced (6+ years) in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, preferably in various software architectures
- Fluency in object oriented programming in Python
- Experience with software design methods
- Experience with code quality measures
- Affinity with DevOps and Infrastructure
- Comfortable to operate in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, good command of the English language
In possession of EU passport/working permit.
Your contract will be with TU Delft. Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers both in business and in a social context. TU Delft offers 16 Bachelor’s and 32 Master’s programs to more than 23,000 students. Our scientific staff consists of 3,500 staff members and 2,800 PhD candidates. Together we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
Conditions of employment
This offer contains a temporary appointment for 1 year with the prospect of a permanent contract. The full-time salary is based on VSNU-CAO Scale 11-12 (salary 3.746 – 5.826 euros monthly on full-time basis). The actual salary will be based on your knowledge and relevant work-experience. Full-time means 38 working hours per week.TU Delft / QuTech offers a customizable compensation package, an attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance, a generous amount of holidays, a 13th month pay, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers our employees child care and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Fer Grooteman, through email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Denise Bijleveld, Management Assistant, email: email@example.com.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please apply via the application button.
Please send us your application before 17 January 2021.