Senior Recruiter – Delft
Join QuTech and help create the Quantum future!
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on a radically new technology with world-changing potential, developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and an intrinsically safe quantum internet.
We are creating the quantum future and we believe that quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate and safety. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring together scientists, engineers and industry in an inspiring environment, with plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation.
220 FTE and over 300 curious people work in our divisions and support teams and we actively search and welcome many more new colleagues who share our vision and enthusiasm.
What you will do
QuTech will grow at an accelerated pace the coming years. We will have many new positions and therefore need the expert support of a QuTech dedicated recruiter, hence this vacancy. To realise our mission, we need to hire people with expert knowledge and skills and give them room to excel. They range from talented new researchers to renowned professors and from secretaries to software engineers. This is where you come in!
As our QuTech recruiter you are responsible for recruiting the most talented and ambitious professionals. Your search will be internationally and your recruitment role covers the whole process from text drafting to candidates’ value proposition.
You effectively generate and track leads, engage with your broad experience and hunting talent with the target groups and convince candidates of the vast career opportunities QuTech offers.
Diversity is one of our core values. We are an inclusive community and we believe that diversity enhances the quality of our research and engineering. Therefore attracting more female researchers and engineers to QuTech, will be a crucial part of your job.
You will deal with many different and mostly scarce target groups, with various vacancies simultaneously in a high speed and demanding environment with hiring managers varying from Professors to Engineering Leads. At the same time you will have the freedom to build your own role, participate in a vibrant working environment with driven colleagues and never ever again experience a dull professional moment.
To tailor and coordinate your labour market communication activities, you team up with QuTech Communication: building our employer branding, setting up online and offline recruitment via social media campaigns, organising events, plus creating content in text and image for website and other channels.
You collaborate closely with your QuTech colleagues such as the hiring managers and other stakeholders, the QuTech Communication team and HR. You report to the HR Manager.
Your role summarized:
- Search and selection of candidates – internationally, all disciplines and all levels
- Smart use of all channels available, sourcing candidates via LinkedIn and other platforms
- Assessing the candidates’ match with the job requirements and their cultural fit plus growing potential
- Creating excellent candidate and hiring experience: being the core contact person for both candidates and all QuTech stakeholders
- Coordinating the entire recruitment process, from posting the vacancy to the final job interviews
- Setting up and executing the recruitment policy
- Coordinating labour market communication in close cooperation with QuTech HR and Communication
- All-round sparring partner for the internal stakeholders and acting as QuTech ambassador externally
- Academic or HBO degree
- > 5 years hands-on corporate recruitment experience, preferably in an academic setting
- Broad and international recruitment experience from A to Z: find, attract and select the best
- Track record and expertise in online search
- Expert in labour market communication, content creation and social media
- Strong networker and diplomatic communicator able to connect with staff on all (academic) levels
- Affinity with the academic world and (quantum) science
- Experience with / ideas on how to translate Diversity, Inclusion and Equity in recruitment practices
- Effective and efficient planner
- Skilful writer, able to understand and transform job requirements into inviting vacancy texts
- Ability to think out of the box and to act resolutely
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- EU-working permit required
Conditions of employment
The Recruiter position is a 0.8 – 1.0 FTE role, with a minimum of 32 hours and a maximum of 40 hours per week. Appointment is for one year, with the option to become structural. The UFO profile is that of HR Advisor, with a full-time salary based on VSNU-CAO Scale 10-11 (ranging from 2,836 to 5,211 gross per month on a fulltime basis). Actual salary will be based on your knowledge and relevant work-experience.
TU Delft/QuTech offers a customizable compensation package, an attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance, generous holidays, 13th month pay (paid as a pro-rata bonus in December), a discount for health insurance and sport memberships and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
Your contract will be with Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), an organisation built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks, and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation.
For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers in both business and social contexts. TU Delft offers 16 Bachelor’s and 32 Master’s programs to more than 23,000 students. Our scientific staff consists of 3,500 staff members and 2,800 PhD candidates.
Together we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to ensure positive change on a global scale: Challenge. Change. Impact!
Soft landing in the Netherlands
Starting out in a new country presents quite a challenge for international applicants. Therefore the Coming to Delft Service programme will provide you support ranging from informative events to the Dual Career support for accompanying partners (wishing to continue their career in the Netherlands).
Moreover on TU Delft campus there is an international day care centre and an international primary school. The international secondary school is located close to campus.
Coming to Delft services are not only available for international non-Dutch applicants, Dutch applicants returning to the Netherlands will be supported as well.
For information about this vacancy, contact Laura Elshove, HR advisor at QuTech, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And for information about the selection procedure, please contact Denise Bijleveld, HR Management Assistant at QuTech, at email@example.com.
If this vacancy appeals to you, please apply via the ‘Apply’ button 15 October 2021 at the latest.
We aim to have the first interview rounds in October and hope to welcome you then!
Get a glimpse of QuTech!
Are you curious about QuTech, our labs where we work on the development of quantum internet and quantum computers or our awesome colleagues? Watch this video and get a glimpse of QuTech!