Join QuTech and help create the quantum future!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our Quantum Computing Division. Do you have experience in managing scientific projects? Do you like to be part of the very cutting edge of technology and scientific research? Then this role is for you!
What will you do?
As a Project Manager, you will be the interface between QuTech scientific staff, engineers, external partners, and funding providers. You will coordinate national and international projects, ensuring good communication and a smooth project development from A to Z.
With never a dull moment, your responsibilities will be:
- Setting-up and monitoring project planning.
- Working in close collaboration with various departments within QuTech / TU Delft (project office, finance, procurement), as well as multiple national and international institutions.
- Collecting input for project reports (scientific publications and updates from partners, financial status, plans) and creating comprehensive workable drafts.
- Supporting media related activity for projects (posts in social media, newsletters).
- Keeping inventory of the research equipment/ project materials and helping with specific acquisitions / procurement.
- Participating in new project acquisition.
- Overseeing the organization of events and official visits at QuTech related to the projects.
You will work from our office in the heart of TU Delft campus. The team is very diverse and international. Each member of the team has their own responsibilities, but all work towards the same goals in a professional, yet informal and friendly atmosphere.
Who are we looking for?
You are an energetic Project Manager who’s able to get things done in a fast-paced environment. Someone who can manage multiple projects at the same time and who is not afraid of taking decisions. As a professional, you’re proactive, driven, result oriented and you know how to prioritise.
Furthermore, you have:
- An academic background with a degree in physics, computer science or any related fields.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in managing scientific projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both orally and in writing.
- The Dutch citizenship or a European working permit.
What do we offer?
As a Project Manager at QuTech, we offer you a stimulating working environment where ground-breaking scientific discoveries can happen at any time. You’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with extremely talented and passionate people and to learn and develop yourself every day. On a practical level, we offer you a TU Delft contract with the following benefits:
- A position for 38 hours per week (0.8 – 1.0 fte).
- An employment contract for one year with a view to a permanent position.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work hybrid (home/office).
- A salary according to the CAO Dutch Universities scale 10 or 11 depending on your experience (from €2960 gross to € 5439 gross per month based on 38 hours per week), plus 8% vacation allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%.
- Up to 41 vacation days per year based on full-time employment.
- An excellent fringe benefits package (including a pension plan and partially paid parental leave) that you can put together yourself through a flexible choice package.
- Plenty of opportunities to follow trainings and courses.
For more information visit working at TU Delft.
Where will you be working?
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute of TU Delft and TNO. Together we’re working on a radical new technology with world-changing potential. We’re developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and a secure quantum internet.
We believe quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate, and security. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring scientists, engineers, and industry together in an inspiring environment, with plenty of room for ambition, entrepreneurship, and innovation. In this role you will specifically work for the Quantum computing Division
TU Delft is an international top university that combines science, engineering, and design. TU Delft stands for world-class education, research, and innovation to address challenges in energy, climate, mobility, health, and the digital society. Generations of Delft engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem solvers in business and societal contexts.
At QuTech and TU Delft, we embrace diversity as one of our core values and are actively committed to being a university and workplace where you can feel at home and thrive. We value diverse perspectives and qualities because we believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world a fairer place.
QuTech is an inclusive organization: we believe that diversity enhances the quality of our work and hence actively promote an inclusive policy.
For information about this position, you can contact Monica Bulacu, Division Coordinator of Quantum Computing at M.I.Bulacu@tudelft.nl
With questions concerning the procedure contact Audrey Monje, our Senior Recruiter at A.Monje@tudelft.nl.
Are you interested in this vacancy? Please apply before March 26th 2023 via the application button and upload your motivation and CV.
- You can apply online. We will not process applications sent by email and/or post.
- A pre-Employment screening can be part of the selection procedure.
- Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Get a glimpse of QuTech!
Are you curious about QuTech, our labs where we work on the development of quantum internet and quantum computers or our awesome colleagues? Watch this video and get a glimpse of QuTech!