Project Assistant – Quantum Internet
Come join QuTech and help us create the Quantum Future!
At QuTech’s Quantum Internet Division we are pioneering world efforts that will lead to disruptive innovations impacting society by changing the way we communicate in the digital world. We are looking for a Project Assistant that can help us to succeed in delivering high quality work.
As Project Assistant you will be supporting two project teams within QuTech’s Quantum Internet Division:
- Quantum Internet Alliance (QIA), a European collaboration between more than 40 industrial and academic organizations, coordinated by QuTech (more information at https://quantum-internet.team/ )
- Quantum Network Explorer (QNE), one of QuTech’s demonstrator projects that has the goal to make quantum technology accessible to a wider audience and future users (https://www.quantum-network.com/)
As our Project Assistant you will:
- Provide organisational support to the QIA coordination team
- Coordinate QIA internship programme
- Provide support to the communication and outreach activities
- Provide advice to partners on EU project management
- Assist the project financial and progress reporting to the European Commission
- Support participation on trade fair events (including assistance to exhibition stands)
- Support organisation of events from selecting and inviting speakers to finding a venue and catering
- Assist the projects with maintenance of project websites and social media accounts
- Coordinate the creation of promotional materials
- Schedule project meetings
- Organize project documentation (including Wiki pages)
- Previous experience as management assistant, team assistant, PA, or similar roles
- Adept in the use of various social media platforms and interest in marketing and communications
- Creativity and in interest in graphic design and web design
- Experience with event organisation
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in English
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn
Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply
What is in it for you:
- You will strengthen your knowledge on corporate outreach
- You will learn the art of Agile Project Management,
- You will learn the ins and outs of managing projects funded by the European Commission
- You will work on exciting and challenging topics in a very dynamic and highly international environment
Conditions of employment
The Project Assistant position is a 0.8 – 1.0 FTE role, with a minimum of 32 hours per week and a maximum of 38 hours per week. This is a project for one year with the option to become structural. The UFO profile is Project Leader 3 or 2 depending on your working experience, with a full-time salary based on VSNU-CAO Scale 8 or 9 (salary min 2818 Euros gross to max 4257 Euros gross per month on a fulltime basis of 38h).
On top of that, TU Delft/QuTech offers a great customizable compensation package with generous holidays (41 days off if you work full time), attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance in May and a 13th month pay (paid as a pro-rata bonus in December). We also offer a discount for health insurance, sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers our employees childcare and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
Your contract will be with Delft University of Technology (TU Delft), an organisation built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks, and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation.
For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers in both business and social contexts. TU Delft offers 16 Bachelor’s and 32 Master’s programs to more than 23,000 students. Our scientific staff consists of 3,500 staff members and 2,800 PhD candidates. Together we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to ensure positive change on a global scale:
Challenge. Change. Impact!
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on a radically new technology with world-changing potential, developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and an intrinsically safe quantum internet.
We are creating the quantum future and we believe that quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate and safety. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring together scientists, engineers and industry in an inspiring environment, with plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Our divisions and support teams include 220 FTE and over 300 dedicated people. Today, we are looking for a Project Assistant to join our Quantum Internet Division
For information about this position, you can contact Nico Seidler, Project Manager Quantum Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions concerning the procedure contact our recruiter Audrey Monje at A.Monje@tudelft.nl.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the application button on this page.
Get a glimpse of QuTech!
Are you curious about QuTech, our labs where we work on the development of quantum internet and quantum computers or our awesome colleagues? Watch this video and get a glimpse of QuTech!