Outreach Manager – Quantum Internet
Come join QuTech and create the Quantum Future!
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on a radically new technology with world-changing potential, developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and an intrinsically safe quantum internet.
We are creating the quantum future and we believe that quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate and safety. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring together scientists, engineers and industry in an inspiring environment, with plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Our divisions and support teams include 220 FTE and over 300 dedicated people. Today, we are looking for an experienced Outreach Manager to join our Quantum Internet Division.
As Outreach Manager at QuTech you will become an integral part in the Quantum Internet Alliance (QIA), a European collaboration between more than 40 industrial and academic organizations.
The mission of QIA is to build a global Quantum Internet by developing a full-stack prototype network validating all key sub-systems, and by driving an innovative European Quantum Internet ecosystem capable of scaling all sub-systems to world-leading European technology.
Find out more about QIA at https://quantum-internet.team/
As our Outreach Manager you will be part of the QIA Coordination Team and:
- Raise awareness about the Quantum Internet Alliance (QIA) and its mission.
- Inform, educate and engage with target audiences and stakeholders, and promote QIA’s output and results.
- Design the communication plan for the program and be responsible for the communication of news on developments and events.
- Devise a dissemination plan and be responsible for the dissemination of project deliverables and achievements.
- Be responsible for content on QIA website and social media accounts.
- Engage with the communication units at the QIA partners, to support and monitor the writing and publication of press releases and news articles and promote those through the QIA channels.
- Support the organization of training programs for students and young professionals.
- Previous experience in outreach and community building, preferably in a technical environment.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of communication, dissemination and marketing plans.
- Knowledge of CMS and social media marketing & analytics tools.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position and relevant education at academic level.
- Ability to work in a large consortium of partners across several European countries.
- Interest in quantum technology.
Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
Conditions of employment
This position is a 0.8 – 1.0 FTE role, with a minimum of 32 hours per week and a maximum of 38 hours per week. This is a project for one year with the option to become structural. The UFO profile is Project Leader 1 with a full-time salary based on VSNU-CAO Scale 10-11 (salary min 2.790 – max 5.127 gross per month on a fulltime basis).
On top of that, TU Delft/QuTech offers a great customizable compensation package with generous holidays (41 days off if you work full time), attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance in May and a 13th month pay (paid as a pro-rata bonus in December). We also offer a discount for health insurance, sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers our employees childcare and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
TU Delft as an employer
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
For information about this position, you can contact Nico Seidler, Project Manager Quantum Internet at email@example.com.
For questions concerning the procedure contact Management Assistant Shannon de Groot-Finch at S.M.deGroot-Finch@tudelft.nl.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the application button on this page.