Join QuTech and help build the quantum future!
Come work at QuTech and help us build the quantum future!
Are you driven, flexible and do you have a positive attitude? Can you manage a complex agenda and thrive in a dynamic international environment? Then this role is for you!
QuTech is a mission-driven research institute run jointly by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Together, we work on a radically new technology with world-changing potential, developing scalable prototypes of a quantum computer and an intrinsically safe quantum internet.
We are creating the quantum future, and we believe that quantum technology will be a game changer in many social and economic sectors – including health, agriculture, climate and safety. To achieve our ambitious goals, we bring together scientists, engineers and industry in an inspiring environment, with plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation.
Our research and engineering activities are conducted in three divisions: Quantum Computing, Quantum Internet and Qubit Research. Our three divisions and the Board of Directors (Director of research, Director of Operation and Director of Business Development) are supported by seven Management Assistants. All with their own responsibilities. We are currently looking for a new management assistant who will support the QuTech Board of Directors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing two complex and hectic agendas (planning meetings, rescheduling…) with a good sense of the desired support that is needed
- Act as point of contact for internal and external stakeholders
- Setting priorities, filtering incoming information and arranging your agenda accordingly
- Organizing and taking minutes in Dutch during the Board of Director meetings
- Supporting the Business Development team
- Organizing broader meetings with internal and/or external participants
- Taking care of large mailings, such as the Christmas greetings and QuTech annual report
- Arranging business trips from A to Z
- Monitoring purchasing process and status of orders
- Maintaining and updating several web pages
What does QuTech bring you?
- A highly international environment
- Being part of the quantum revolution…..Creating the quantum future!
- Flexible working hours and a stable position with the prospect of permanent employment
- Access to training via Learning hub
- Be part of the dynamic QuTech organisation, including activities such as the periodic work meeting for all QuTech employees, the summer bbq, the Christmas party and the annual QuTech outing
- Team building and other fun activities with your colleagues.
You are an expert in your field, a real team player, communicatively strong and someone who further possesses:
- At least MBO+ level
- More than 5 years’ work experience in an international setting
- Experience as a management assistant in a demanding environment
- A professional attitude where customer focus, collegiality and tact come together
- High stress resistance and flexibility: changing priorities and dynamics are no problem
- Decisiveness and a proactive attitude: you see bottlenecks coming and solve them
- High accuracy and good PC skills
- An excellent command of the English and Dutch languages
- Dutch nationality or a European work permit.
- A position for 32 to 38 hours per week (0.8 – 1 fte); you will be employed at TU Delft
- A salary according to the collective labour agreement for Dutch Universities scale 8 (from € 2818 gross to € 3764 gross per month based on 38h per week), plus 8% holiday allowance and a year-end bonus of 8.3%
- A contract for 1 year with a view to permanent employment
- An excellent pension scheme via ABP
- A hybrid working week (home/office)
- The possibility to put together an individual benefits package every year
- A maximum of 41 days of leave per year for a full-time position
- Via the individual choice budget, you can also sell or buy leave hours
- Plenty of opportunities to follow training and courses
- Parental leave on partial pay
- Access to the Health Coach Programme
Delft University of Technology has a strong foundation. As builder of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneer in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. TU Delft stands for world-class education, research and innovation to meet challenges in energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. Generations of Delft engineers have proven to be enterprising problem solvers in business and social contexts.
At TU Delft, we embrace diversity as one of our core values and are actively committed to being a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities because we believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world a fairer place. Together, we devise and develop solutions that have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair treatment.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
QuTech values diversity in the broadest sense of the word, including gender, culture, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, physical and mental disability, socioeconomic background and opinion. At QuTech, we explicitly endorse our D&I policy https://qutech.nl/diversity-and-inclusion/, the Integrity Statement in the TU Delft Code of Conduct and the TNO Diversity and Inclusion Statement, and we ask all our staff and students to do the same.
For more information about this position, please contact Anna Molleman Senior Policy Advisor at A.Molleman@tudelft.nl.
If you have any questions about the procedure, please contact our Senior Recruiter Audrey Monje via A.Monje@tudeflt.nl.