Business Developer / Product Development Manager – Quantum Internet Alliance (QIA)
Come join QuTech and create the Quantum Future!
Are you proactive, passionate and ready for a new meaningful challenge? Do you already have experience as a Business Developer/Product Development Manager and a passion for science and technology? This role is for you!
Recent technological developments have brought quantum internet technologies to a maturity level in which first commercial products are being engineered. We are looking to strengthening our capabilities to identify and evaluate the commercial potential of research inventions, support early stages of technology transfer process and building bridges with industry.
As a Business Developer/Product Development Manager at QuTech you will become an integral part in the Quantum Internet Alliance (QIA), a European collaboration between 40 industrial and academic organizations.
The mission of QIA is to build the world first Quantum Internet prototype connecting long-distanced metropolitan networks and to kick-start an innovative Quantum Internet ecosystem in Europe.
As Business Developer/Product Development Manager you will have the opportunity to become part of the QIA Innovation Team, and as such you will
- Design an exploitation plan for the program
- Identify and evaluate innovations with commercial potential and support the partners by providing advice in IP protection and market analysis
- Continuously engage with QIA’s technical teams to stimulate, support, and implement targeted innovation measures at each step of the development
- Support regular early-stage IP capture process at the research and design stages of development
- Work closely with the technology transfer offices of the partners in assisting and facilitating market research in the preparation of new spinouts
- Design and manage the Quantum Internet Alliance Technology forum, a collaborative environment to facilitate interaction between QIA Technology developers and industry forerunners
- At least 3 years of experience in innovation management or business development, preferably in an academic/technical environment
- Track record of successful business development in complex settings with many internal and external stakeholders
- Experience with large multidisciplinary R&D projects, keeping the overview of different disciplines
- Workable knowledge of engineering, computer science or physics and affinity with quantum science
Alternatively, candidacies from holders of a PhD in quantum physics and strong affinity with innovation and business development may be considered
- Capable of identifying commercial value of deep tech innovations
- Seeing and seeking collaboration opportunities with 3rd parties, natural connector of opposites finding common grounds endowed with strong external orientation
- Excellent networker, maintaining long-term relationships and establishing new ones
- Independent professional, taking on responsibility in a complex multi-actor environment
- Driven personality with sense of initiative and can-do mentality
- Inventive and conceptually skilled, out-of-the-box thinker
- Empathic and smart negotiator and inspiratory adviser
- Good communication skills in English (orally and in writing)
Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
Conditions of employment
This position is a 0.8 – 1.0 FTE role, with a minimum of 36 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hours per week. This is a project for one year with the option to become structural. The full-time salary is based on VSNU-CAO Scale 12 (salary min of 4814 Euros gross to max 6181 Eurosgross for a full-time basis of 38h per week). The actual salary will be based on your knowledge and relevant work-experience.
On top of that, TU Delft/QuTech offers a great customizable compensation package with generous holidays (41 days off if you work full time), attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance in May and a 13th month pay (paid as a pro-rata bonus in December). We also offer a discount for health insurance, sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers our employees childcare and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context.
At TU Delft we embrace diversity as one of our core values and we actively engage to be a university where you feel at home and can flourish. We value different perspectives and qualities. We believe this makes our work more innovative, the TU Delft community more vibrant and the world more just. Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale. That is why we invite you to apply. Your application will receive fair consideration.
For information about this position, you can contact Nico Seidler, Project Manager Quantum Internet at firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions concerning the procedure contact our recruiter Audrey Monje at A.Monje@tudelft.nl.
If you are interested in this position, please apply via the application button on this page.
Get a glimpse of QuTech!
Are you curious about QuTech, our labs where we work on the development of quantum internet and quantum computers or our awesome colleagues? Watch this video and get a glimpse of QuTech!