Account Manager Quantum Delft
Join the quantum revolution: co-build the world leading Quantum Delft Ecosystem!
The role of Quantum Delft Account Manager
As an Account Manager you will co-build and expand the QD ecosystem. This role is new, dynamic and demanding. As our Account Manager you will be the central contact person for all businesses at Quantum Delft (from start-ups, scale ups to Microsoft and Bluefors), helping them navigate in the local university environment for access to shared facilities, housing, partnerships and all other support questions they may have. You partner with people from TU Delft Campus Real Estate (CRE), Valorisation Centre and the Municipality of Delft. Your inner circle consists of your colleagues within QuTech and the QD team, all from diverse backgrounds. You will be the linking pin between the companies located at QD and other organizations like TU Delft CRE, QuTech, TNO and TU Delft. You will act both as account manager for the companies and as the operational lead for the management of the Quantum Delft budget and processes. In that capacity you will also be engaged in strategic forecasting for the Quantum Delft future: growth projections, housing opportunities, governance and division of tasks in the team. Combining your organizational and networking skills with keen sense for opportunities and filling the gaps for a smooth operating ecosystem. In this role you report to the QD Director and work closely with the Quantum Delft team, QuTech business development and program management and CRE. Depending on your competences you may also play a role in the national quantum initiative.
Coordination & support
You will give continuous support to the businesses by:
- Acting as the single point of contact for all practical and organizational questions that the businesses encounter re. labs, working places, IP, equipment and rental/lease agreements, safety, access etc.
- Acting as the linking pin between businesses and facilitating organizations, a.o. TUD Campus Real Estate, Valorisation Center, TNO, Cleanrooms, TU Delft, ICT
- Supporting the (multi)annual operational and financial planning of Quantum Delft, incl. budgets, reporting and personnel
- Monitoring planning, budgeting and the progress of projects
- Supporting the strategic planning of the ecosystem, a.o. future housing options (“house of quantum”), identifying and filling gaps in the Quantum Delft technology roadmap
- Assist with partnerships of QD residents by advising them on contacts with (research) institutes, government, industry and facilitators
- Workable knowledge of engineering, computer science or physics and affinity with Quantum science
- >3 years’ experience as program or account manager, preferably in a technical environment
- Experienced in daily operations, project planning and processing budget overviews (finance and personnel)
- Experienced in project support, project development and acquisition
- Knowing how to navigate in complex settings with many internal and external stakeholders
- A link to one of the QD affiliated organizations, is a plus
- Excellent networking skills, maintaining long-term relationships and getting to results at the same time
- Decisive and natural connector of opposites finding common grounds
- Independent, takes on responsibility in a complex multi-actor environment
- Driven personality with sense of initiative and can-do mentality (“problem solver”)
- External orientation, seeing and seeking collaboration opportunities
- Budgetary savvy
- Good communication skills in English plus reasonable in Dutch (or willing to learn)
Conditions of employment
This offer contains a temporary appointment for 1 year with the prospect of a permanent contract. The full-time salary is based on VSNU-CAO scale 11, ranging from 3.746 to a maximum of 5.127 gross per month. Advancement to scale 12 (with a maximum of 5.826) is a possibility. The actual salary will be based on your knowledge and relevant work-experience. Full-time means 38 working hours per week.
TU Delft / QuTech offers a customizable compensation package, an attractive pension scheme, holiday allowance, a generous amount of holidays, a 13th month pay, a discount for health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged. An International Children’s Centre offers our employees child care and an international primary school. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities (VSNU-CAO). Dutch citizenship or a European working permit is required to apply.
TU Delft (Delft University of Technology)
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
QuTech is the leading advanced research center for Quantum Computing and Quantum Internet. QuTech is a joint research center founded in 2014 by Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and the Netherlands Organization for Applied Scientific Research (TNO). Quantum technology is a key future emerging technology and QuTech is at the forefront of research and development in this field. QuTech addresses both scientific and engineering challenges in close collaboration with internationally leading industrial partners. Within QuTech researchers of TNO and the TU Delft faculties EWI and TNW work closely together in an international and inspiring working environment that allows plenty of space for ambition, entrepreneurship and innovation. QuTech consists of the divisions Quantum Computing, Quantum Internet and Qubit Research, and at this moment QuTech has a staff of 300 people.
Quantum Delft is the collective of people, parties and activities in Delft focusing on the development of quantum technologies. It combines the efforts of QuTech, TU Delft, TNO, the city of Delft and several companies established at the TU Delft Campus, including Microsoft, Bluefors and several start-ups and scale ups. The initiative started in 2019 to support the growing number of companies spinning out of QuTech or engaging from elsewhere to establish a lab or office in Delft. Quantum Delft is a vibrant, innovative community where top-quality scientists, engineers, students and entrepreneurs work together on the frontier of quantum technology. At Quantum Delft, we provide businesses access to top talent (students), a pool of 200+ researchers, a strong start-up community and top-notch research facilities such as cleanrooms. Quantum Delft is also the physical heart of Quantum Delta, the national initiative that combines all quantum efforts in NL including Delft, Leiden, Amsterdam, Enschede and Eindhoven universities. There is a team in place to support and develop the Quantum Delft ecosystem focusing on Place, People and Partnering. Place: Delft is unique for its engineering culture and top facilities. Our can-do mentality and full-stack approach welcome people from all kinds of backgrounds to build new technology and benefit from our facilities. People: we believe that the key to innovation is mixing talent with a diverse background and expertise. Partnering: we host a unique mix of companies and research groups that cover the full quantum information stack. By actively inviting new companies to join us, helping start-ups grow, our mission is to develop the ecosystem.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Freeke Heijman, Director & Liaison Quantum Delft, email: F.Heijman@tudelft.nl.
For information about the selection procedure, please contact Jenny Boks-Zondervan, Organization & Support, email: J.Boks-Zondervan@tudelft.nl.
To apply: please react before 31 October 2020 and email your detailed resume and application letter to QDemail@example.com. The first round of job-interviews will be conducted online via Skype.
A pre-employment screening can be part of the application procedure.